View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #5
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospect View Post
Thank you for the link Hippy Dale. I was not aware of this great project. However I am not sure how well it would work for my purposes since the real-time public transportation information needs to be updated at least with 2 minute intervals to be useful.
ermmm...
well reading the comments...

http://www.shatteredhaven.com/2012/1...r-display.html

Looks to have a time display? That would require a fairly regular update no?

ON CRON:
Quote:
NOTE: I DO NOT RECOMMENDED SETTING THIS TO A LOWER INTERVAL FOR TESTING PURPOSES. As soon as you restart cron (either rebooting the Kindle or from the command line) The display launches at the designated time. If you set this too low (for example 1 or 2 minutes) and reboot the kindle, you will be unable to access the cron and adjust the time. This is because a reboot causes you to lose access to SSH (requiring the ;debug command to be re-entered). If the script is set to run every minute or 2 minutes, that is likely not enough time for you to enter the command, SSH into the device, and edit cron.
However having a task that ran for 4 minutes triggered every five minutes or something would be a possible workaround. That kind of thing.

Anyways. Good luck. Oh and I use JPG's with eips... but you have to mangle them to fit first... (since eips is a bit flaky)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=145

HTH. GOOD LUCK!!!
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote