View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #17
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by puch View Post
I got yeaturday PB 903. I made the same as honza, but in vain! I try to install russian (male and female) the previos installed italian-female and german-male. I get the same error: "Could not create temporary file in /tmp"

FW 2.0.3

Please help
This looks like a permissions problem. I can think of a few ways in which this can happen: 1) /tmp is a directory inside the read-only root filesystem, so can't be written to at all by anybody, 2) /tmp is a symlink to /var/tmp (as it should be), but the permissions on /var/tmp are wrong so that the user can't write to it, 3) /tmp is a broken symlink that points to a non-existent directory. I use the 2.0.3 NA firmware which supposedly doesn't have this problem, so I can't check it myself. Someone running the EUR or CIS firmware versions could run the "df", "ls -l /" and "ls -l /var" commands in the poterm application that LoneTech provided recently to see if any of these is the case. Without root capabilities you won't be able to fix the problem, but at least your curiosity might be satisfied while waiting for the new firmware .
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote