View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 09:27 AM   #42
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
I'm hearing some anti-bestseller snobbery in this thread.

Seriously, you guys never read David Baldacci, John Grisham, Ken Follett, John Sandford, Michael Crichton, Tom Clancy, Vince Flynn, George R. R. Martin, Jonathan Kellerman, Patricia Cornwell, or James Patterson? Because those folks and more are on the current NYT paperback bestseller list (http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-...back/list.html ).
I've tried a Clancy and a Patterson or two. They were DNF for me. Mom loves Patterson. I keep meaning to try a Chrichton. I have read one or two Jonathan Kellermans; they were okay mysteries, but nothing that had me adding them to the "Must read". I may have read a Cornwell a long time ago. Not a must read author for me.

Now then. I have read and enjoyed Robert Crais and I believe he has made the list a time or two. I didn't read him because of the list; I came across his books on another forum. I do love Carol O'Connell and I think she has made the list too. Her stuff is fairly dark though, so it's not a run out and buy. In fact, because of the price, both of these authors are library authors. I'll get around to reading O'Connell--she has a new book out that I haven't read, but the Robert Crais are just here and there.

I read the one Dan Brown one. Uhm. You know, the one everyone loves to pan. It wasn't terrible, but again, nothing that had me reaching for more. Decent enough mystery, but Katherine Kurtz and Joe Nassisse did the Holy Grail much better.

And of course I read the first 3 or 4 Harry Potters, which I'm sure made the list a time or two.

But I don't read the list, nor do I care about it. Some of the things are just coincidental.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote