View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 01:38 AM   #34
Joseph R
Zealot
Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kobo Glo HD
Granted, that is not to say it is "right" to commit online piracy but the arguments used by trial lawyers from the big agencies, movie industry and music industry, (RIAA and MPAA in the USA) suing 12 year-old girls for millions of dollars certainly did not give theses lobbies a good light in the eyes on the public and the Magistrate.

I DO NOT condone piracy and I do pay for my books, music and movies, but yes, the actions of these lobbies made me DISGUSTED with big publishers and Hollywood and made me the explore more local artists encourage personally, either by meeting them face to face or buying theirs works at a local art gallery festival.

So yes, I admit it, I do not like Big Publishers and have a sense of pride in helping out an underdog; perhaps it is not rational for me to do so but like a member of the proletariat myself, I like to see that my money helps an artist personally and not a guy in suits and shows up with limos, gold watches and rented women.
Joseph R is offline   Reply With Quote