View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #13
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Whenever that happens to me it means that I made a mistake with the manual install. But, if you did what Mrs_Often said, then it should have worked. Can you check that the files are still there in the ".kobo" directory?

The "blow everything away" I was suggesting was a factory reset plus complete removal of the desktop app and data from your PC. Hopefully that will remove the source of the phantom book. If that doesn't fix things, then the only thing left is a faulty device. Maybe the internal memory is corrupt or damaged.
I'm not sure what I was doing wrong the first time, but I tried again and this time it worked. However, there was no change in the behavior.

I unistalled Kobo Desktop and reset my reader again but the book is still there. However, on a whim, I stopped the sync immediately after registering the reader and there was no phantom book; it appeared that everything was normal. It was only after completing the sync that the book showed up. Maybe the problem is somehow on Kobo's end? I don't know how it could be as the book was originally never associated with them in any way.
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote