View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #14449
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Robert A. Heinlein & Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Small Favor was a real re-read pleasure. Loved it!

Now a short break in The Dresden Files to read a 1964 novel by Robert A. Heinlein, Farnham's Freehold, an apocalyptic and mostly post-apocalyptic tale starting in the early 60's. It's actually a re-read for me as I've previously read pretty much eveything that Heinlein wrote. But I don't normally call anything I read pre-Kindle a re-read.

Robert A. Heinlein's Farnham's Freehold was a real blast. No wonder it was my favorite book back there in my dim past when it was first published! I sure did forget almost everything beyond the most main plot points (and some of them too)!

I've already read two chapters of Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu's Carmilla between my readings of other books, so now I'm going to finish it.

Last edited by alansplace; 10-25-2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: oops!
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote