View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 07:40 AM   #26
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by felonwan View Post
The outside charger shows that the battery is in full charge. But the k3flasher still can not turn the Kindle into RAM kernel mode. I'm trying to charge it in the Kindle now.

Can I just leave it when the led light went out after hours begin charging?
What "outside charger"? Is it a smart charger? If not, it may not be following the correct charging algorithm required for the kindle battery.

And as mentioned before, perhaps your kindle battery is at end-of-life and has a total charge capacity too small for the kindle to be operational after it boots to the home screen (collections). A "dead" lithium ion battery will act identical to a much smaller GOOD battery, so you cannot rely on what a smart charger says, or what the measured voltage is after charging. You actually have to do a battery discharge analysis over time to determine the available capacity (health) of a lithium battery. Some smart chargers (like mine) have a USB port for a host PC connection, that lets you test a battery and graph the charge and discharge curves. If your measured available capacity is significantly less than the rated capacity, it can be considered "dead" (especially if it only has enough "juice" to boot up your kindle but nothing left to actually USE your kindle).

You really should try a different (newer) battery, even if you need to borrow it from another kindle.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote