View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 08:19 PM   #6
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
I won't comment on the product, but I must say that the name is slightly misleading. When I first saw it, I naturally assumed that A1 refers to the screen size. After a moment's thought, I realized that was highly unlikely (it would have to be an extremely large tablet). But what happens when it gets to A4 or A5? That's going to cause quite a bit of confusion. I'd be very disappointed if I thought I was getting an A4 screen and it was only 7 inches.
I think that Lenovo is not used to dealing with the literary crowd that interprets Letter Designations as page sizes.

Their other two tablets are the Ideapad "K1" ($449) and their top of the line, but with just a plain vanilla name "ThinkPad."

Usually in their offerings, Idea pad is the less expensive version relative to the Think Pad. Comes about from when IBM owned the brand.

The ThinkPad tablet is more than just wonderful. It has a digitizer pen similar to a Wacom Tablet, but it costs $499! That is steep for me. I might pay that and more for my Notebook or Desktop but those are "producing" machines.

Last edited by frahse; 09-26-2011 at 12:03 AM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote