View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 01:40 PM   #107
Jan J
Enthusiast
Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS600
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
I really think Christopher Moore is funny as heck! "A dirty job" was great, beware of the kid when she says "kitty".

His book "Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christs Childhood Pal" is also a crack up, provided you aren't insulted by the religious jokes in it. It is a humorous look at what might have happened while Christ was growing up.

Amy
Have to agree on this one! I just finished "Lamb" and thought it was great. Saw it suggested earlier in this thread and bought it. I was not familiar with him but he is on my "must read" list now. I don't remember reading anything that made me laugh out loud like this book. And yes, you just need to keep an open mind. His research was great.
Now reading his "Fool" which is also fun but so far, not quite as good as "Lamb". I'm only about 1/3 the way into it but enjoying it. Must get more of his books!!
Jan J is offline   Reply With Quote