View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I used to read occasionally on the iPad1, but the experience wasnt good enough for me to continue with it. The retina display on the iPad3 has spoilt me, and even though the Mini would be ideal sizewise (the iPad 3 is heavy!) the screen is not good enough for me, so I have decided to pass at this time. Next year, if theres a higher resolution screen, I'll likely buy one. For now, though, I continue with the ipad when I can rest it somewhere, or the phone when I can't.
Yeah, I think I'm going to await the mini 2nd gen too. I already have the Fire HD 7", even though it weighs in at 20 ounces (1-1/4 pounds) with the Amazon leather cover! Still, that is lighter and more manageable than my iPad 3. My phone is only running Android 2.3 so the Kindle reader on it is rather lacking, so I think I'll get an iPod touch 5th generation for when I'm out and about. Would love an iPhone 4S or 5 but Donna says no to a data plan, so that is off the table! The iPod touch 5th gen is rather pricy but it looks like a good travel option since it has iOS. I traveled to Washington DC for a week during Thanksgiving with only my Fire HD and afterwards had wished I had taken the iPad 3 instead. Much easier to use than Android, especially the Fire's version. The iPod touch 5th gen is rather small but would work for email, Twitter, Facebook, reading, and watching videos while allowing me to travel light.

Last edited by jswinden; 12-04-2012 at 10:51 PM.