Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #386
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbaerwald View Post
The patch log still says "ID 7" but now shows hyphenation. Funny! The mobi was made with the latest Kindle Previewer version directly downloaded from Amazon. I wanted to avoid any mix up with calibre . Now it looks like I need calibre instead .

Thank you for the mobi/mobi conversion hint - I will give it a try.
There is a slight caveat here, when making sense of the log file: The "loading hyphenation" thing is only shown when a *new* language ID is encountered. In other words: if you're loading 3 books in a row, which all have language ID 7 set, the message will only be shown once (for the first book). Once you load an english book (for instance), then you will again see the message.
(In your case, the "ID 7" that you saw previously was from *another* book that you loaded before the Nietzsche one. )

The way that I tried it was this:

Attempt 1:
- english book (message shown)
- Nietzsche (no message)
- german book (message shown)
Attempt 2:
- german book (message shown)
- Nietzsche (no message)
- english book (message shown)

This confirmed that the Nietzsche was neither german, nor english. In fact, it confirmed that the system didn't even try to look up any rules for that book

Edit: I just re-read your first post. If all you want to do is import epub books, then you can probably skip the Kindle previewer step completely, and simply import the books directly into calibre. It will automatically convert them to a (working) .mobi format when they're sent to the device. Library management with calibre really works like a charm!

Last edited by ixtab; 08-01-2012 at 10:56 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote