View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #14
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
For a demonstration video see here: http://www.2shared.com/video/4yMZbIaG/pyonyx_test.html (~30 MB MP4-file from my smartphone camera)

It's bad quality and during the first 11 seconds nothing happens, because I was so damn slow. Here the explanation, what I do in this video:
[00:11] I start the test script (see last post) from my serial console via usb.
[00:14] The dialog window is there
[00:18] I approach the screen with the camera (but of course the camera loses focus)
[00:31] I press the "OK" button with my pen
[00:37] The message dialog is gone
[00:42] I restart the python script just like at 00:11
[00:47]-[01:00] I approach the screen with the camera
[01:03] I press the middle of the joystick
[01:09] demonstration what really happened when the message dialog disappeared (the currently selected entry of the underlying menu is "pressed")

So, what do we learn from this?
- The message dialog is ugly on first try and neat on second try. So the screen is indeed not properly refreshed despite the ScreenProxy directive.
- The whole performance of the dialog is extremely bad.
- Joystick input is redirected to the underlying menu as if the message dialog didn't have the focus!
- My smartphone camera is really, really bad...

Most important questions:
- How do we get the dialog window to be shown nicely every time it's executed?
- How do we get the focus for our QMessageBox?
- How can we dramatically ameliorate the performance?
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote