View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 11:12 AM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam451 View Post
The only thing that's holding me up is that I know I won't be able to check out books from a library. All the books I want to read I'll have to purchse, right?!? I know these e books are cheaper but that does add up. Can you sell a e book after purchasing it?
It is possible to read lending library ebooks in the MOBI format on the Kindle, see Thinking of getting a Kindle, Can I really get library books for it? The number of ebooks available depends on where you live, and PDF/ePub lending library ebooks are not directly usable - unless you strip their DRM (as discussed in the referenced thread).

You can't sell purchased ebooks. Amazon could setup a resale site, because they can delete the original from your devices when it is sold, but they have not done so - probably because of the potential for publishers to strongly object.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote