View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 05:24 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I think that there are not probably not enough calls in the main add loop to allow other windows processes to run!
This is usually due to long running process on the UI thread. The UI will start reporting the app as non-responding. Also, if you put another window on top of it, then move it off, the window will show the echo of the other window.

Some languages have some type of Yield command to get around this. But, the "right" way to do it is to run the process on another thread. Although I think Kovid does spawn another process and communicate with IP, perhaps he is putting the UI thread in a wait state rather than using some type of call back.

BUt, I'm only guessing based on issues I have seen with windows apps.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 02-19-2009 at 05:43 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote