View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 08:09 PM   #20083
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Everything by Stephen Leather is very, very good. Mostly thriller and mystery. Of course my favorite though is his autobiographical account of the scam of meeting and living with his Thai 'bar girl' wife. This scam has been repeated hundreds of times by hundreds of people. So many, in fact, that Leather originally gave the story away for free on his website to try to prevent the scam from being run on others. I personally know three men who fell prey to it! A very interesting read!

Stitchawl
That is funny as I know of 2 men who have done this twice Intentionally they say, and one after reading the book. I can only think of it as some sort of a waving of a red flag. Same with the Russian bride thing. I worked for a rich good looking guy who fell for that one three times that I know of and was totally miserable each time when he figured out he wasn't going to get what he was after, whatever that was.

Still it is a good book.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote