View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #7
TheLibrarian_
TheLibrarian_ can differentiate black from dark navy blueTheLibrarian_ can differentiate black from dark navy blueTheLibrarian_ can differentiate black from dark navy blueTheLibrarian_ can differentiate black from dark navy blueTheLibrarian_ can differentiate black from dark navy blueTheLibrarian_ can differentiate black from dark navy blueTheLibrarian_ can differentiate black from dark navy blueTheLibrarian_ can differentiate black from dark navy blueTheLibrarian_ can differentiate black from dark navy blueTheLibrarian_ can differentiate black from dark navy blueTheLibrarian_ can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
If you're running calibre under Windows, you should be able to use 'Connect to iTunes' as described in the Calibre + iDevices: Start here sticky.

If you want to use the content server and receive the current metadata, use calibre's Polish books feature to update the epub's metadata.

G
Hi GRiker. I've solved the problem with iTunes now. While Calibre was running in administrator mode, iTunes was not. I decided to run iTunes as an administrator, and I've now successfully transferred two books from Calibre to iTunes.

I don't need you to reply anymore as I now have a method to transfer my books, but if you'd like to help with a new issue, I would appreciate it.

I successfully polished all of the books in my library, then transferred some of them through the content server. While they were imported with updated metadata and covers, upon opening the book in iBooks, an error is displayed stating, "Failed to load book because the requested resource is missing".

A few notes on this issue:

- Only the books that I polished are displaying this error.
- I am able to add new books which have not been polished, and no error is displayed upon opening them.
- When polishing each book, I only selected to update the metadata and covers.
- Saving these newly-polished books to the disk, then transferring them through Dropbox results in the same error when opening in iBooks.

Do you have any idea what the problem may be? If not, it is nothing to worry about, and I am satisfied with using iTunes to transfer.

EDIT: Oh dear. I hadn't realized at first, but now that I've attempted to sync some of the polished books from iTunes to the iPad, they display the aforementioned error when they are opened in iBooks. It appears that I may have another problem after all.

Last edited by TheLibrarian_; 11-10-2013 at 10:28 AM.
TheLibrarian_ is offline   Reply With Quote