View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Ducky, my sweet:

Can you tell me--I want to be able to give my assistant, who runs a VM on a linux box, and has Calibre, a copy of our library, so she can update our author clients, etc., on our website. We keep our list of produced books in a Calibre catalog, which currently "lives" on my machine. Should I just copy it over...I don't want to simply give her a catalog; I need her to have my library, which I duplicate by using the "Save to Disk in a Single Directory," which gives me individually-named covers, all nicely-sized, that we then FTP to our webserver. That "Save to Disk in a Single Directory" library is on my dropbox. Can she use that Dropbox folder as her library, for ease of access?

Sorry--I did try all the FAQ's and Library and Catalog threads first, but didn't find what I was seeking. I need her to be able to see the meta, see the cover file names (so she can copy the complete filename.jpg from the properties), etc.

Do you think that will work? She links her Calibre to that dopbox dir? AS a library? I just don't use Calibre enough, for anything other than cataloging, to know how/if to make this work with the least amount of sturm-und-drang. ;-)

Thx,
Hitch
Duck and Dropbox,, the only thing they have in common is they begin with "D" (Duck does not do Cloud storage)

Just give her the ENTIRE Library folder (quit Calibre before you copy)

If the objective is to allow clients to view the Calibre Catalog, Maybe the content server is the trick you need. (the CS does allow downloads, so that may not be what you want).

Other options are the Generate a 'Catalog' (EPUB or MOBI) (you know, the right click on the convert Icon)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote