View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #41
eskimo49
Addict
eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
I read a blog by some woman or other who saw it as a sort of customer relations exercise. When customers were unhappy enough with her book to leave a scathing review she'd contact them and ask how she could improve it for them. A lot were so amazed by that they changed their review, but a lot of the commentators on the blog said she was just bullying them.

I haven't had any bad reviews yet, but when I do I'll probably just take a few extra pills and shrug it off. Their opinions are just as valid as mine or anyone else's. And at the end of the cliche, if they got something other than what they were expecting that's more of a failing on my part than anything else.
Although I've sold a number of my books, I've only had one review, and it was bad. Actually I'm not that surprised given the topic 'Global Warming', I would expect reviews to be bad, very bad or good, with nothing in between.

Although a bad review is disheartening, many people have their minds made up about this topic and nothing I (or any one else) can say or write will make them change.

What I would actually prefer is constructive criticism, so that I could (perhaps) revise what is written if it is factually incorrect (which I don't believe it is), but this review, in my opinion, is just unhelpful to me or to the other purchasers of my book.
eskimo49 is offline   Reply With Quote