View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 12:35 PM   #5
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Too bad someone botched a book by Josephine Tey by nominating a book in a series that's not the first one. It would have been the clear choice.
The Daughter of Time is a stand-alone effort. Even though the detective appears in other Tey novels, there's no way this book can be considered to be part of a series. I don't think there's anything clear about the choice, however. My own opinion? I was charmed by it the first time I read it, when I was young and gullible; much less so when I reread it recently to help while away sleepless nights. But that's strictly my own humble opinion, of course, which I would never claim to be universal.

Last edited by issybird; 11-27-2011 at 01:19 PM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote