View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 05:58 AM   #18
G J Lau
Zealot
G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper Kingsley View Post
Can you do first person past tense, and would you want to? It's so confusing, then to switch that around about ten times... Or worse, someone writes in first person, then throws in every once and awhile a third person point of view or whatever because they like forget that it's supposed to be first person.
Many novels have been written in first person past tense, including my own. I would say that it is very prevalent in the mystery/thriller genre. I agree with those who dislike books written in the present tense. Can't put my finger on a reason, just do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dworth View Post
You do of course realise that Amazon HAVE to provide a returns policy by law. Certainly in the UK you can return items to the shop that you bought them from, no questions asked, within a reasonable period as long as they are undamaged (or in the case of clothes, unworn and unwashed). E-Books are no different.
Another piece of relevant information I missed. I guess all this stems from my personal sense that when I buy a book I accept the risk that I may not like it. Unless there is a product defect, I would never think of returning a book to a book store just because I didn't like the ending, for example. That said, I do see a difference between riffling through a book in your hand and reading a sample on-line.
G J Lau is offline   Reply With Quote