View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 07:50 PM   #7
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
Getting account canceled

1 More hour spent with customer service trying to get my credit card information removed from Barnes and Noble.

Had to go through two levels of supervisors and threaten to have my attorney contact them before they would even admit they could delete the account.

And people wonder why books are downloaded from the internet instead of buying them from online vendors.

So that people know.

B&N has a zero refund policy. Once you have opened it in their online software or downloaded it to put it on your reader they will not give you a refund.

Hell, they sent me a Marque de Sade book when I ordered an HG Wells book and their electronic department said that I took possession of the ebook and there were no refunds. Even though the file name was HG_Wells.

I never heard in a free country that you have to pay for something that you did not order !

Now I will spend hours filling out forms to challenge the credit card charge all for $.99 But I will do so just to make them spend $100 in payroll for people to answer the chargeback, bank fees for the chargeback, and general aggravation.

Plus I will make sure I tell people what it is like dealing with B&N

In answer to another comment, I purchased this book to test software on an ereader device. I know that it was available on the internet royally free.
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote