View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 01:21 PM   #12
Marty_B
Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle DX
Since this effort appears to have died, and I manage a large database of archival material using Calibre, I decided to write one myself for use on my surface RT. It just appeared in the store this morning under the name Calibre Viewer. I would include a link to it, but don't want to run afoul of self-promotion rules on this forum.

I should note that the listed price (99c) is effectively a suggested donation. The trial version is 100% identical and not time limited. I only added the price in hopes of defraying the cost of the developer's license, but again, it's voluntary.

In terms of the database lock: due to the oddness of windows store apps and the limitations of the sqlite implementation for store apps, a local copy has to be created within the sandbox. I check on startup to see whether the original metadata.db has changed, and if so a new copy is created. This is read-only: no changes can be made from the app itself. Maybe in future versions.
Marty_B is offline   Reply With Quote