View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 03:06 PM   #14
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I deal with a lot of tempered glass every day (the cats' bowls are all made out of the stuff) .... and sometimes one will shatter for no particular reason from the lightest of taps. So .... I would hesitate to say that tempering makes it stronger ... or if it does, then I just keep getting batches of exploding cat bowls.
Having held the Kindle, PRS500/505, Netronix and Cybook, I'm going to go out on a limb even further and say that the case of the Netronix/Cybook models are too thin and there's too much chance of 'flex'. And the motherboard and screen board are affixed together too firmly which, IN MY OPINION, allow the substrate glass to receive far too much stress in these 'flex' situations. Yes, I have cracked open both a Cybook and an EB-100 and they're exactly the same when it comes to the hardware and hardware mounting points.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote