View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #1744
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I went to a new bookstore that just opened in Ann Arbor (Literati, and it's small, but lovely) and picked up a book in paper that I've been meaning to read for awhile and never gotten around to - and the friggin' font is too small, so I have to go get it in eformat so I can enlarge the text to a readable size!
Those days of impossibly small print seem to be over for me. I haven't been able to read or re-read treasured print books in years, even with my reading glasses. I'm so thankful for ereaders.

But...after having cataract surgery early this month in one eye I can now see the tiniest print with cheap Dollar Store reading glasses. Next Wednesday I'm having the second surgery and will re-read Time and Again and The-Seven-Per-Cent Solution, neither available in ebook format. Plus I can read all those lovely Henry Wade Harrap's Shilling Library editions I found last year.

I expected cataract surgery to give me back the ability to take road trips while losing what is left of my near vision. Instead I can read anything again with the cheapest glasses. So I'll likely purchase fewer ebooks with all those shelves of old print treasures available again.
BelleZora is online now   Reply With Quote