View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #14357
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Finished A Tangled Tale by Lewis Carroll (4/5) and then also read A Game of Logic by Lewis Carroll (3/5). A Tangled Tale is a great, funny book of mathematical logic puzzles. A Game of Logic is a short introduction to logic and syllogisms, somewhat like a very short textbook, even complete with quizzes. It's OK, but I still thought it was good because it explained the concepts well, though I do think I caught a few mistakes he made in the answers section.

And that finally completes all the Lewis Carroll I had on my challenge list for this year!

Now I'm on Anna Karenina by Tolstoy, and I expect to be reading this one awhile after rushing through so many short books. I had read part of it for the book club last year and never finished, so here I am back on it. I decided to start from the beginning again even though I read somewhere from 250-500 pages before (don't know the exact amount because my reader erased my progress).

It's also part of my challenge list for this year, one of the last few left that I'd picked out beforehand for 2012; only two left after it.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote