View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #42
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, it's a big deal. I think the Samsung Tab 2 7.0 is a better deal, even though it is a little more expensive.
If you want that capability, you're probably right, though I think we're going to see even better deals before Christmas (even better than we would normally expect) thanks to the added pressure from the Fire and the Nexus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
We should all vote (with our wallets) against companies that try selling us less functionality for the same or more money
And as the Nexus is $50 LESS than any comparable tablet with an sd slot, you should have no issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, not even that big. An MPEG4 movie at 640x350 (which is absolutely fine for viewing on a tablet) is typically around 500-800MB.
True, and this is why an sd slot, while desirable, is not a deal breaker for me.
I currently have dozens of apps, 4 feature films, two short films, several audio books and albums a few dozen ebooks, and a few of the free comics on my Fire and I still have almost 2 GB free.

That being said, I would NOT have bought the Fire (all three of mine) for $199. I got them on sale for $150 each.
At $200 or more, if I wanted another device, I would require a camera, a video out, GPS, and, yes, preferably an SD slot.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote