View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 02:03 AM   #7
Ozric
Zealot
Ozric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watch

Device: way too many =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
If you would like to add the series info to the Author and/or Title info shown in the booklists you should experiment with Preferences - Metadata plugboard

There is an example of a simple one in this post. That screencap is from my PRS650 but it looks very similar on the PRST1.

If you want to try it out the Metadata plugboard settings are:
Code:
Format: device_db
Device: PRST1
Source Template: {author_sort}{series:| - | }{series_index:0>2s}
Destination Field: authors
If you read up on the Calibre template language you can achieve all sorts of exotic name customisations.
Hmmm...I could've sworn that I had this working, but I've just discovered that either I've somehow broken it, or I never really had it working in the first place and I was fooled by the fact that I include series, series_indices, and tags as part of the file name. When I sort by author or title, I just see the author's name on the second line, instead of the additional data I'm trying to plug in.

My plugboard looks like this:

Code:
Format: device_db
Device: PRST1
Source Template: {authors}{series:| - | }{series_index:0>2s}{tags:| - | }
Destination Field: authors
Source Template: {series}{series_index:0>2s|| - }{title}
Destination Field: title_sort
When sorting a Collection by author, I was hoping for something that looked like this:

Awesome Book
Awesome Author - Awesome Series 01 - Tag (if any)

But I just get:

Awesome Book
Awesome Author

Did I go wrong somewhere?
Ozric is offline   Reply With Quote