View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
out of curiosity what are ya finding uncomfortable about the PB360? Not being dismissive but honestly wanna know because I know it is a thin reader and could easily see it being almost too thin to hold after a while. I found my K2i uncomfortable to hold not because of weight but due to it being too thin and the switch to a metal back from the K1's rubber back panel.

My solution to the issue with my K2i was to add a silicon-rubber protective cover I found on Amazon. It adds enough thickness as well as make it a fair bit "grippier". but now I don't feel like I have to squeeze it to hold onto it in one hand.

I am intending on grabbing a PB360 sometime this year and have already planned a fix if I find it also too thin (even with the front cover flipped over and attached in the back while reading. There is a dip I use for my tool handles that adds a rubber grip so I just figured I would coat the front of the cover with a black version, it comes in a number of colors) of the same stuff. Hopefully it will adhere but even if it peels over time I can recoat it. It will also add a good 5-7mils thickness, especially if I add multiple coats.

Anyway, just was curious and wandered into my own plans I have for any reader I buy that might present handling probs related to holding the device for a normal 2-3hr reading session.

Here is a link to the Plasti Dip I use:
http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

I just noticed they also have a Super Grip product which might be nice to coat the rubber or even a whole device with should it just feel kinda slippery:
http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Super_Grip

Sorry if this info doesn't address your probs using the PB360 but maybe they might?

BTW, I am not a fan of the Nook because I just don't get it yet. I haven't seen one IRL so until then I would just say it's not a product I would want to buy over any of the other reders from Pocketbook or even the Kindle.

oh, here is the "textured silicon case/skin" I bought for my K2i:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

it's only $5 and the exact same thing as the one Amazon sells for $20. Only thing is ya need to be gentle with any of these when putting them on the reader as they can stretch a bit too much and take a while to regain their snugger fit. I which something like this was around for the PB360 or even other PB readers.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote