Thread: iPad maxi ?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #33
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by toronado View Post
Not necessarily. You are coming at this from the angle that you need a full OS. Not everyone does. There are plenty of people for which iOS is a sufficient OS, and yet 9.7" is not a sufficiently large screen. These people end up buying 13" MacBooks even though they don't really have a use for a full computer.
While most don't need a full computer, manyhave them.

It is not about size or weight or screen resolution. It is the best combination of those plus functionality and adaptability.

I would pay a fair chunk of money for a device that was as functional as a desktop, yet portable as an ipad, that would let me use a mouse and keyboard if I wanted to without a lot of cables, had lots of storage without internet access and a lot of cables and both at the same time. Add to that the general perceived non-complexity of a tablet and you have a winner.

Theoretically high resolution is better, but if I need a big old magnifying glass to see all of those extra characters on the screen, what good does it do me. Smaller is better but again if I have to lug around the peripherals I want why bother. If I don't need or want those things, would I pay the big bucks for a 13 inch tablet? Not likely.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote