View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #18
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
For writing notes the touch is awesome, but I've mostly changed my mind about it. I prefer the more tactile button turning and I find the no touch kindle to be faster, more responsive, and with no ghosting (which the touch has). Excepting the battery (which I think is a fine trade off for being a bit lighter) I think that the no touch is the superior reader and I will be selling my touch. I hope that amazon always keeps a bargain no touch kindle around.

Unless you take alot of notes, I think that the touch interface is a bit of a novelty and not necessary for ereaders. I don't think that the infrared works nearly as well as the capacitive touch on tablets either.

I'm not dissing the kindle touch, it is a fine ereader, but I find that I did change my mind just not in the way that the OP had in mind.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote