View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Anybody with a broken screen yet?

I've seen a few threads on the Amazon Kindle forums recently from people who have broken the screens on their Kindle Fires.

It seems that Amazon is chargng a 100$ replacement fee (as opposed to a free replacement that seems to be the rule with the e-ink kindles).

Of course some posters are raising hell that they did nothing drastic at all and it "broke all by itself", the device being defective for breaking so easily et cetera...

I was wondering whether anybody here had heard something similar. I specifically bought the Kindle Fire because I broke a Kindle 3G myself (which was replaced by Amazon) and wanted a more sturdy device. So far I have been more than happy with the stability of the Fire (OK, haven't dropped it so far), but am considering to put some protection on it. (In addition to the not-very-protecting Timbuk2 pouch that already did not protect my Kindle 3)

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote