View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 12:30 PM   #15
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Yeah - and I think that is a good distinction. The nook is still for all intents not an International device. In fact, at the inception one of their most advertised features was "Bring you nook to our store" and .... While Amazon makes a pretty big deal over the ability of the Kindle to travel to and fro and as long as you are within their area have a book within seconds.

I seldom use the 3G function of my Kindle. As long as I'm in my home area, I don't even turn Whispersync on. I download to computer, load into Calibre and transfer via USB.

BUT, when I travel I 3G and personally I think it has been worth the $50.

I suspect that the WiFi Kindle has sold very well though considering some of the stock problems they had in December.

I'll be interested to see if the Nook 2 has a 3G. One thing Barnes and Noble seems to have done right so far is not just copy the Kindle. They try to differentiate and it could be that they are going to leave that 3G market to Amazon.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote