View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #7
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You could try using "Save to Disk" in Calibre to save the files in a folder on your PC, and then copy them manually to the drives on the PRS-505. This will mean that any tag/collection information is not set up, but the books themselves should be OK.

When you unplug the PRS-505 it should find all the books you have transferred. That was the strange thing about your "crash" descriptions. If the books have transfered OK they should always be founbd. It is only the Collection related information that needs to go through the "Send to Device" code in Calibre.

I have PRS-Plus firmware on my PRS-505 which means I can navigate the PRS-505 file system to select a book - and this is very useful if the Collection information is missing.

Last edited by itimpi; 03-20-2010 at 08:12 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote