View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 09:09 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameking66 View Post
I'm writing a batch file to automatically strip the DRM from all azw files on my Kindle. Now, it appears to work as intended at first glance, but the problem is that MobiDeDRM creates the output file BEFORE checking for errors. Basically, my input and output are the same (books on my Kindle), and if an error occurs, it ends up clearing my book to a 0kb file!

Now, I'm no python scripter, but it seems relatively easy to fix. I want to continue using the same input/output file, how do I go about modifying MobiDeDRM (using v.0.09) to check for errors before creating the output file, I'm getting tired of having my books wiped if something goes wrong with the script.
I believe that v0.10 now only makes the output file if the decryption has worked. So with that version of the script things might work as you expect.

But I feel that decrypting 'in place' is inherently risky - make sure you can re-download, or otherwise have backups of your encrypted files.

regards,

Paul
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote