View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #6
simonp
simonp will become famous soon enoughsimonp will become famous soon enoughsimonp will become famous soon enoughsimonp will become famous soon enoughsimonp will become famous soon enoughsimonp will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I frequently use the VPL through the British Columbia Library: Your Library Without Walls.
You need to log in with a valid VPL library card, select your eBooks (if they are available or put them on hold) then checkout like a regular online store. (see red arrows).

The quick start guide is here.

You may also need to download and install OverDriveŽ Media Console™ and AdobeŽ Digital Editions in order to download your eBooks and audiobooks.
Thanks so much for the info. I emailed the VPL, and they sent me back a boiler plate response pointing out the online ebook catalogues but nothing about downloads. How did you even find out about B.C. Libary?

Bad news though. I have a Kindle 2, and I don't think it supports encrypted mobi files; not sure about the others though. I guess there are ways around that, however.
simonp is offline   Reply With Quote