View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 10:33 AM   #10
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Depository View Post
As a newbie to the whole eBook scene you are perfect for my next questions:
  • Before you became a member of this forum and bought your eReader did you know anyhting about eBooks/eReaders?
    I did a bit of research (including on this forum) before I bought the reader. But the information is overwhelming and as it was a totally new device for me, I didn't know the right questions to ask. The forum was helpful though. In hindsight I can say that I got enough information but didn't realise the importance of geographical restrictions.
  • What reasons made you chose your eReader? Was it format or device based"?
    I ruled out the Kindle (sorry guys) at an early stage as I didn't like the fact of being locked in. Although the books on offer are too many to read in a lifetime I didn't like my options restricted.
    As I didn't have the opportunity to actually see a reader here in Australia I went for the a price / device relation and chose the Sony as I never had any problems with a Sony device before - that would be company reputation I'd guess for me.
If you look for information for your bookstore, a few suggestions that I as a new eBook buyer would like to see more
  • Clear and easy to find information, what formats you are selling. I hate it if I have to chase around the shop to find the information
  • Very clear about geographical restrictions (BooksonBoard is good in that I find)
  • Information on what the individual formats are and maybe some device as examples on which they can be used
  • Include a matrix or have a link to a matrix elsewhere which compares readers.
  • Don't forget a wishlist - I like to flag books I want, but are not in my budget for the moment.
  • And I don't know if you can do that (from Forum side) : but why not have a link to the forum. There is so much to learn about readers and eBooks that it is very confusing for beginners. And the forum is really great with lots of helpful people. Not even sure if there are more forums like this. I just stumbled over MR and never bothered looking any further as I like the atmosphere here.

Hope this helps. If you want to know more, just ask.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote