View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 04:27 AM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
> ePUB format. Can the DRM on these be removed, though?

Not that I know of, but AIUI, they're associated with your Adobe accountId, not the device itself, so can be read on your PC (Windows, I don't know offhand about Mac/Linux) and could be copied to other devices associated with your Adobe account.

> not available in ePUB or a recognised "Sony Format" (as it were), which format is best?

Correct, LIT seems to be the best option.

> will the formatting be retained if I use Calibre to convert the file?

Yes, although you have the option of importing the unDRMd file into Book Designer & tweaking it by hand if you really want to fine-tune things. I've only needed to do that to fix things that were also wrong in the original LIT file, though.

> Finally, what format does Calibre convert a lit file to?

It includes CLI utilities for converting to both LRF and ePUB. The last time I looked at the GUI, there was a app-wide setting on the preferences that set which of the two would be output by the GUI conversions.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote