View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #719
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
Two options with the Kobo: swipe your thumb to the left to advance a page, and to the right to go back a page; you can also configure the middle third of the screen to go back a page, so you can tap without the reach.
This depends on where you are holding it, however!

I like to hold devices from the bottom, like a paperback, but with the Aura, my thumb falls EXACTLY where the menu tap is, hence pages don't advance so blamed easy, since Kobo did NOT provide a configuration where the menu is in a different spot. And moving the reader so my thumb falls in a tap zone means the balance is way off and not comfortable.

I have longer fingers than average and the Aura is just not good for turning pages in my preferred hold. My thumb can *barely* reach over that large bottom bezel for a tap, a thumb swipe isn't happening.

Now, I still love my Aura for the screen, but if I had to choose between it and my Sony T1, the Sony would win! The ergonomics of the Sony are better, the epub rendering is better (no occasional huge blank spaces in the text), the annotation and note-taking are FAR better, as is the reading of PDF fiction.

Fortunately, I can have both!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote