View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 07:54 PM   #67
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can you tel the difference between being an awful writer and a write you just don't happen to care for? I recently gave up on reading Jacqueline Carey. I don't think she's a poor writer. I just think they style of storytelling used in her series did not fit well with me. So is it that you think she is awful or just not a good fit with what you care to read?

I do think it had to be someone close to Meyer who had to either leaked the draft or was sloppy enough to allow it to be stolen.
Oh, it's definitely not the genre - I have a fondness for YA lit at times, and I'm a big genre fan in general. She's fond of overwrought, melodramatic sentences and purple prose on the one hand - and that can be a matter of taste. But beyond that, her stories and her characters aren't internally consistent - and that's bad writing, imo.
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote