View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 11:56 PM   #1
DedTV
Enthusiast
DedTV began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505; Galaxy Tab 7
Collections/Series support?

Which (if any) e-ink readers, other than Sony, support Collections/series via Calibre?

I read a lot of Series based books and have a huge collection of them in my Calibre library. I've been using my old and battered PRS-505 forever but it's getting pretty long in the tooth and has started to get a bit glitchy and will have to be retired soon.
But I really like the way it easily throws everything into nicely sorted collections based on the series info in Calibre and also by tags. I've also got a Kindle Touch and a Nook Glow but having to sort things on the reader one by one or having to use pseudo sorting schemes via file names drove me nuts (the kids and wife are happy with them though).

Is there any other E-Ink readers that handle book collections as well as the Sonys out of the box I should look at before I go out and get a PRS-T2?
Oh, and Tablets are out as I need something to read on that won't tempt me with other stuff (damn Angry Birds) and I don't want to void any warranties so anything I have to root is out as well.
DedTV is offline   Reply With Quote