View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #8
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovre View Post
2 and 4 fail. can't figure it out.

I don't think stanza can be accessing my library through the internal ip, because I can't access it through the internal ip using the safari web browser on my iPod or the web browser on my laptop.

Do you know what method Stanza uses to get access? It seems like this would be the most probable way to solve my problem, since Stanza alone can access the library. Stanza seems to be programmed to do whatever it is Calibre server likes most!

Does it use a name to gain access instead of an IP address? I don't really know how this technical stuff works. I notice the Airport router does have an option for setting a NAT address though. Could doing this be helpful?
Stanza uses UPnP discovery to find your calibre server. You can also manually put in the url (http://internal.ip.address:8080/stanza). UPnP discovery just tells Stanza what URL to use.

If access the internal ip address from a machine on your internal network doesn't work yet the server is definitely running, either you've got the wrong internal ip address or the wrong port.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote