View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 07:05 PM   #679
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
no, but why would I want to. my Alzheimer's is not so bad yet that I forget what book I'm reading whenever I turn a page !

screen space on e-readers is valuable - don't waste it on stuff that's not necessary
I don't know why you would want to, since I'm not you.

As an engineer, I recognize that having a good range of features is very important because everyone has different preferences. With that in mind, I have very little patience for people who advocate less features because it's not something they themselves would use.

Sheesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@EatingPie

Wow, you have been determined!

Although I would like to see current chapter on each page I think adding special text for every paragraph is a step too far for me.

Thanks for sharing, though, and credit for your perseverence
No problem. I have macros that create the title/chapter header and run a quick replace throughout the text. The hardest part is often just getting the original ePUB to pass epubcheck!

I would like Sigil or Calibre to add the ability to do headers, but it's problematic since the way I do it only works on the Sony Readers. And the approved ePUB "header" tag (the right way to do it) is currently ignored in almost every thing I've tried ePUB on.

-Pie

Last edited by EatingPie; 10-03-2011 at 07:08 PM.
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote