View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #41
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
You're still not answering my question. Those three have been on board since inception. Who have they added since then?

I've never questioned the KSO owner's overall satisfaction with their decision to purchase. They seem to be perfectly happy with their purchase—and I'm perfectly happy for them. I question Amazon's ability to sustain the model long term with only those three paying advertisers. And I also question your idea that the early success of the KSO model somehow suggests that readers might be amenable to in book advertising campaigns.
Amazon apparently thinks the partners it has are sufficient. They think so much of their model that they have extended it to local deals, with local businesses as partners. You may think that the Amazon management is going down the wrong track by extending the model, but its clear that they think the model is successful, and will continue to be.

Again, we won't know for sure how amenable readers are to some form of an ad-supported ebook model till something is tried. From the comments here, its clear that some people will absolutely resist it. Others may welcome it, if implemented in the right way. Regardless of what we think, I believe it will be tried, and we will find out then what the majority will accept.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote