View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #38
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
I just tried installing 0.1.1, and getting the following error:
Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/myuserid/public_html/Calibre/utilities.php on line 78
Unfortunately I know next to nothing about PHP. I was able to get Smarty installed correctly - at least the smarty demo files all work. Line 78 is a date function, so I doublechecked my date formats.

My date timestamp from the main GUI looks like this:
"10 Nov 2010" - sans quotes

Pub date (publication date when I edit the book if I understand correctly):
"Nov 2010" - sans quotes

I modified the pub date in the config to match what I was seeing, but left the hyphens in place, i.e. 'dd-MMM-yyyy', and 'MMM-yyyy'

I can post the config if need be, but it seems to be related to that file itself and not my config, no changes I've made seem to affect the error.

Edit: One possible cause is I just double-checked my PHP version - my server is running 5.2.14, I just saw you mentioned 5.3 is required. My guess is it's due to anonymous functions:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...tion-expecting

On a side note, haven't been able to get the WSGI option working - I don't have a full virtual server, so I don't have direct access to httpd.conf, just via CPanel. There seem to be some ways to get something done there still, but haven't researched further.

Last edited by ldolse; 11-03-2010 at 09:36 PM.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote