View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #21
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Edited again: for style, I tried to clarify distinction between use of parentheses and square brackets (groups vs. sets), added notes on strings in general, added some examples, included some flags.

Still not sure what to do about that part about special characters and escape sequences. Chaley, I generally agree that it's out of place where it is now, but I couldn't figure out where else to put it. I think I'm gonna go ahead and rewrite it into the respective portions, but that's for another pending edit.
Also, still to come: even more examples.

(Things I learned while writing this edit: Calibre likes file extensions in the test field for importing file expressions, and Notepad++ has an entirely different understanding for what \s means than Python does. Next time, I'm going to use Python to test examples right away.)