View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 03:54 AM   #5
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
If books that are being added have the same metadata for author/title then they should be automatically recognised as duplicates and put into the same book entry. If they are different then they will end up in different entries that later need merging.
the problem is subfolders. the default add books option will not accept the parent folder & wants me to drill down. the other 2 options are wrong for me they are 1. treat everyting as being the same book,2 treat efverying as beign different books. I want them recognised as pairs.

lets see what happens if I add the subfolders one at a time... it partially worked but there were some metadata mismatches. you reckon that If I manually patch up the wrong metatdata then calibre will merge things ?

seemingly not - I have 1 book in 2 formats which stubbornly refuse to merge even after downloading matching ISBN & metadata. any way to force the merge so that I see 1 calibre entry, not 2? UPDATE - OK I searched some more & found the merge function, so I've fixed this instance.

BUT I fail to understand why calibre did not auto merge two books once they were given identical metadata - downloaded form same source, same IBSN , same cover...

Last edited by cybmole; 09-21-2010 at 04:15 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote