View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #15
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
So you are saying that if I install the software to get a PID, I can then download books, import them into Calibre and they will be plain old mobipocket and not need further work?

If so, I wonder if that means I can read mobipocket format library books on the Kindle...
Essentially, yes. Install Mobipocket Reader on your PC and you will have a PID for your computer. Register that with Fictionwise or whatever other source you buy mobipocket books from. This allows you to read the mobipocket books on your PC. As for importing them into Calibre (and I'm trying to straddle the line of being too specific due to forum rules)...do a search about mobidedrm plugin for Calibre.

Not sure about how the library thing would work since I have not looked into it.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote