View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #75
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by myself11 View Post
I'm a bit disappointed. Light seemed very bluish and no black color available. I'm afraid it won't be possible to root due to the lack of SD.
Even on devices with SD support, rooting is usually first accomplished over USB using Android Debug Bridge. Lack of SD does mean that end users will have to root the same way the devs do, using command line from a PC. And, of course, with such limited storage and the same old Android 2.1 OS as the last model, the appeal of rooting will be limited. It seems like B&N is deliberately fighting their reputation for hackable hardware and aiming squarely for the tech challenged crowd that takes comfort in going to a brick and mortar store.

I want to finally pick up an E Ink device now that the pixel density and front lighting are there, but everything in this gen is disappointing. It's not a matter of which ereader is best, but which has the least crippling compromises. Honestly the Aura HD is still looking pretty good, though I'm leery of the software and build quality (especially at that price) and I was really hoping for something as hackable as the Nook STR/Glow1.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote