View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #11
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
NO, that won't be it. I can't speak to MOBI's made by Calibre--you should ask Kovid; but to resolve the issue, use a "start" tag wherever you want the bloody thing to open, i.e., name="start" or id="start" (html or xhtml, respectively) and, IF Calibre is using KindleGen, which I assume (famous last words!) that it is, your Kindle should automagically open to that page. Just stick it anywhere--adjacent to your first chapter's header, or what-have-you. KindleGen and MobiGen look for that naming convention to set the "start reading" location...but again, this presumes that KindleGen is not overriden with Calibre.

HTH,
Hitch
OK, that sort of works. Defining a page as "start" manually in the opf works perfectly but I see no semantics in Sigil that let me define a page as a start page. Setting my start page's name="start" gives me an error. Setting id="start" does absolutely nothing. The only way I can see to make it work is to rename the epub as a zip, pull out the opf and add the line manually to the guide section, then add the modified opf back into the epub and convert. That does work perfectly mind you, it just seems a little more cumbersome than it should be.

Thanks for the help though. I really appreciate it.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote