View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 08:03 AM   #4
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
I know you can set the chipset to ad-hoc mode by
/etc/init.d/wifi stop
/etc/init.d/wifi --mode ibss

However the kindle os still doesn't allow connecting to ad-hoc, so you have to us iwconfig
iwconfig wlan0 essid yournetworkhere

I don't know if security (wep/wpa) is supported by the chipset or not. I think the reason they don't have ad-hoc support is that wep doesn't work with ad-hoc. I also don't know if this method is for creating an ad-hoc network or joining one. I haven't tested it.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote